In this article:
- Access to LawVu - by Single Sign-On (SSO)
- Access to LawVu - by Invitation and Standard login
- How to log in - go.lawvu.com
- Troubleshooting login issues
- Chatting to our support team - at lawvu.com
Access to LawVu
Users can access LawVu in one of two ways, either by
1. Single Sign-On (SSO) and the use of your existing work email and password
2. By way of invitation and the use of a "personal password", set by you at the time of invitation/activation.
1. What is Single Sign-On (SSO)?
Single Sign-On or "SSO" as it is commonly known, is an authentication scheme that allows a user within a company or organization to log in with a single ID and password to any of several related, yet independent, software systems.
For instance, you may use the very same username and password to login to your work PC, work network, VPN, email client, web browser, or Microsoft Office suite. The same may be true for login to LawVu.
NOTE: Your organization may or may not have activated SSO for LawVu.
We can confirm this for you... (just go to our main website and launch the live chat) or you can ask your organization's IT Administrator/Team.
2. Invitation and use of a "personal password"
If your organization does NOT use SSO or has not activated SSO for LawVu, you will need to be invited by your LawVu Organisation Administrator to login.
Your Lawvu Organisation Administrator is typically your General Counsel, Head of Legal Operations, or Legal Team Leader, so request an invitation from them if you need access.
Note: We can also confirm whether you have been invited to LawVu or not (just go to our main website and launch the live chat).
Activating your user profile in LawVu
Users who belong to organisations using SSO for LawVu will not receive invitation emails. You'll simply be able login using your existing email address and password
If SSO is NOT in place, you'll need to be invited by your Organisation Admin. When invited, you will receive an invitation email:
To activate your profile click on "Accept Invitation" and follow the onscreen prompts to set up a password.
How to login
Regardless of your setup, to log in, head to go.lawvu.com and enter your email address.
Accounts WITH Single Sign-On (SSO
Enter your email address. Users correctly setup with Single Sign-On (SSO) will immediately be directed to their organisation's login portal page. This is where you need to enter your work/organisation password.
How it works:
- Enter your email address at go.lawvu.com
- Our login page will automatically determine whether you have SSO enabled by matching your email address domain and your LawVu account configuration.
- If a match is found, you'll be directed to your organization's login/page/portal
- Enter your normal work credentials.
- If entered correctly, access will be granted and you'll be handed back to LawVu
If this does not work, please contact your organization's IT Administrator/Team to request access to LawVu via Single Sign-On.
Accounts WITHOUT Single Sign-On (SSO)
If your organization does NOT use SSO, you will be asked for a password after entering your email address. e.g:
Enter your password to login. Use the password you created when activating your invitation.
Troubleshooting login issues
- I can't remember my password.
To reset your password, use the "reset password" option on the login page.
- We use SSO, but I am not being directed to my organization's login page/portal. I am being asked for a password on the LawVu login screen and my work password does not work
For example. John Smith of ACME Ltd has gone to go.lawvu.com to login. He enters his email address firstname.lastname@example.org, but LawVu is not directing him to his organization's login screen. Instead, it's asking him for a password on the LawVu login page, like this:
1. Ensure the email address you are using matches your work email address exactly.
- e.g. are you using email@example.com, when your email address is, in fact, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com?
2. Have you been "deprovisioned" or changed in your organization's identity provider/active directory?
- All Single Sign-On logins must match your organization's current employee list exactly. If you've recently been removed or edited in your work directory, LawVu will not be able to match and authenticate you into LawVu. Contact your organization's IT Administrator/Team to ensure you are set up correctly and to verify which email address they have on record for you.
3. Have you been given access to the LawVu application by your organisation's IT Team?
- Some organisations pick and choose which applications or websites their identity provider/active directory will allow employees to access. Your email and password may be fine, but you may not have been given access to LawVu by your IT team. Contact your organisation's IT Administrator/Team to ensure you have access to the LawVu application. If not, request that they add LawVu to the accepted list of applications for your work account.
4. Have you recently changed your work email address?
- If you:
- have changed your name or surname;
- use multiple email addresses at work;
- have changed your email address domain,
then please ensure you are using the correct email address. Contact your organization's IT Administrator/Team to verify your current work email address, ensure it is provisioned in your work's active directory and retry with the email address confirmed by your IT team.
Still encountering issues?
- Too many failed login attempts can lock your profile out for security reasons.
- If you still cannot log in, please contact LawVu via our live chat for assistance. Head to lawvu.com and launch our live chat in the bottom right hand corner to speak to a member of our support team and we'll help resolve access for you.