The system Administrator can follow these steps to install and configure your LawVu for Salesforce app.
In this article :
Install the LawVu for Salesforce app
The LawVu for Salesforce app is offered as a managed package intended to be used within the Opportunity page.
Installation steps :
1. Open the “Setup” screen:
2. Open “AppExchange Marketplace”
3. Search for "LawVu" and open the LawVu Contracts for Salesforce app in full:
4. Use the blue “Get it now” button to install the application :
5. Once the installation is completed, you will see the following screen:
6. After you click Done, you will be taken to the Salesforce Setup page.
Add the Integration to the Opportunity page
1. Open the Setup screen
2. In the “Object Manager” tab, use the Quick Find to find the “Opportunity” object.
3. Open the “Opportunity” object, then open the “Lightning Record Pages” tab:
4. Open the relevant record page(s) and click “Edit” before proceeding with the next steps.
5. From the left-hand sidebar, drag and drop the “LawVu Contracts” component to any place on the page you want (we suggest using a wide section in order for all fields and buttons to be rendered correctly):
6. Configure the component as required (we suggest using the defaults, to begin with):
7. Save the page and activate it when ready.
If required, set the Lightning Page’s Org Default, App Default or Other Assignments.
Add the Permission Set to the Users that will use the component
1. From the Setup screen, navigate to “Permission Sets”:
2. Open the “LawVu User Access” permission set
3. Click “Manage Assignments”
4. Click “Add Assignments”
5. Select the Users that need access to the component and click “Assign”
6. Click “Done”.
The Users should have access to the component now without seeing any error.
Note: if a given user doesn’t have the Permission Set assigned, they will see the following message when they open an Opportunity.
You can use the Component Visibility settings on the Page to hide the entire component for certain users/profiles as needed:
Field Mapping - system admins
1. Search for the App in the App Launcher:
2. To default the field values when creating new LawVu Contracts, choose the corresponding Salesforce field for each using the mapping interface
Note: Opportunity fields will all be listed in the right-hand selector, but if you want to map to a field on a related object, you can choose “Custom” and enter the relationship path (e.g. “Opportunity.Account.Name”) corresponding with the relevant field.
Salesforce has a complex Address type field that comprises several components (Street, Suburb, City etc.). If you attempt to map a Salesforce field of this type (e.g. Account.BillingAddress), then no value will pull through into the Create Contract form provided by the integration.
The workaround is for the Salesforce admin to create a ”formula”-type field and map to that instead. The formula will need to automatically build a simple string from the address components as demonstrated below:
Lightning component - standard users
All users with access to the Opportunity lightning page and who have been granted the LawVu User Access permission set will see the LawVu Lightning Component as shown below
In this default state, you can see the Opportunity is not linked to a contract in LawVu.
In this state, there are two options:
1) Create a new LawVu contract from the opportunity; or
2) Link the opportunity to an existing LawVu contract
Check this article for more information about how to do this.