LawVu for Salesforce app creates a direct integration between Salesforce and LawVu to streamline the way your business teams create, send, and manage contracts with the legal team.
Business users can create contracts in LawVu directly from Salesforce. They’ll get the benefits of routine contract automation without the extra effort of sending an email or logging into another tool.
Information from the Salesforce opportunity auto-populates the contract at creation so there are fewer data entries and better data quality. Once the contract is created it becomes part of the legal team’s system of record; they can control their work, take advantage of LawVu Contract Lifecycle Management features, and capture consistent data they can use for insights and reporting.
Salesforce users can conveniently download or replace the contract document from Salesforce at any point in its lifecycle.
In this article:
Create a new LawVu contract from Salesforce
At present, the integration with Salesforce is limited to the classic opportunity object, which means that you can only generate contracts (via upload or wizard) from an opportunity. Despite this limitation, you can still utilize the same contract types and map the fields configured in your intake forms to create contracts.
Before creating a new LawVu contract from Salesforce, your Administrator must have already mapped the LawVu Salesforce Opportunity fields to the Contract Fields. You can refer to this section to read about the mapping process.
1. Starting with an opportunity that isn’t already linked to a LawVu contract, click the “Add a new contract” button
2. Start by choosing the relevant contract type, then click “Add by upload” if you plan to upload a contract document or “Add by wizard” if you have a contract template configured and wish to generate the contract document:
3. After proceeding, you will be shown the create contract form with all of the relevant fields based on the chosen contract type:
4. Complete any remaining fields and click “Create contract” to proceed.
5. Once the new contract is created in LawVu, the component will display some key information about the status of that contract in LawVu.
You have the flexibility to customize the contract details that appear upon clicking on a contract generated from Salesforce. This allows you to tailor the displayed information as per your requirements. For this detailed pane you can:
- Open the contract in LawVu;
- Unlink the opportunity from the contract;
- Download the latest version of the contract document
- Replace the contract document with another version from your local drive. The contract file you replace it with will automatically sync with LawVu.
Link a Salesforce opportunity to an existing LawVu contract
1. Starting with an opportunity that isn’t already linked to a LawVu contract, click the “Link to existing contract” button :
2. You will be presented with a dialog similar to the one below. You may choose from a contract you have recently opened in LawVu or use the “Search contracts” control to find a contract by name.
After you have selected the appropriate contract, click the “Link to contract” button:
3. After doing so, the LawVu component will display some key information about the status of that contract in LawVu:
Sync contract changes between Salesforce and LawVu
The system also has the ability to detect changes between the information stored in the LawVu contract and the Salesforce opportunity. For example, if the department changes from Finance to IT, the component of the contract will notify that changes have been detected.
You can review these changes and determine if they need to be updated in LawVu as well
This process can be completed directly in Salesforce, without requiring you to switch to LawVu to make the changes.
Unlink an opportunity from a contract
Start with an opportunity linked to a LawVu contract, click the “Unlink contract” button. Next, you will be presented with a confirmation dialog. Click the “Unlink” button to proceed.