In this article:
An overview of the LawVu for Salesforce app
LawVu Contracts for Salesforce creates a direct integration between Salesforce and LawVu to streamline the way your business teams create, send, and manage contracts with the legal team.
The LawVu Contracts for Salesforce app saves time, creates visibility through the contract lifecycle, and reduces risk by ensuring consistent client information and contracts are used.
Business users can create contracts in LawVu directly from Salesforce, so they’ll get the benefits of routine contract automation without the extra effort of sending an email or logging into another tool.
Information from the Salesforce opportunity auto-populates the contract at creation so there’s less data entry and better data quality. Once the contract is created it becomes part of the legal team’s system of record; they can control their work, take advantage of LawVu Contract Lifecycle Management features, and capture consistent data they can use for insights and reporting.
Salesforce users can conveniently download the document from Salesforce at any point in its lifecycle.
Install the LawVu for the Salesforce app
The LawVu for Salesforce app is offered as a managed package intended to be used within the Opportunity page.
1. Open the “Setup” screen:
2. Open “AppExchange Marketplace”
3. Search for "LawVu" and open the LawVu Contracts for Salesforce app in full:
4. Use the blue “Get it now” button to install the application :
5. Once the installation is completed, you will see the following screen:
6. After you click Done, you will be taken to the Salesforce Setup page.
See Configuring your LawVu for Salesforce app for instructions on how to configure.
Create a new LawVu contract
The LawVu component allows you to create a new contract in LawVu based on the Salesforce opportunity.
1. Starting with an opportunity that isn’t already linked to a LawVu contract, click the “Add a new contract” button
2. Start by choosing the relevant contract type, then click “Add by upload” if you plan to upload a contract document, or “Add by wizard” if you have a contract template configured and wish to generate the contract document:
3. After proceeding, you will be shown the create contract form with all of the relevant fields based on the chosen contract type:
4. Complete any remaining fields and click “Create contract” to proceed.
5. Once the new contract is created in LawVu, the LawVu component will display some key information about the status of that contract in LawVu.
There are also buttons available to:
- Open the contract in LawVu;
- Unlink the opportunity from the contract; and
- Download the latest version of the contract document.
Link to an existing contract
1. Starting with an opportunity that isn’t already linked to a LawVu contract, click the “Link to existing contract” button :
2. You will be presented with a dialog similar to the one below. You may choose from a contract you have recently opened in LawVu or use the “Search contracts” control to find a contract by name.
After you have selected the appropriate contract, click the “Link to contract” button:
3. After doing so, the LawVu component will display some key information about the status of that contract in LawVu:
Unlinking an opportunity from a contract
If you wish to take an opportunity that is already linked to a LawVu contract and either link it to a different contract or create a new contract from the opportunity, you must first “unlink” the opportunity.
1. Starting with an opportunity that is linked to a LawVu contract, click the “Unlink contract” button.
2. Next, you will be presented with a confirmation dialog. Click the “Unlink” button to proceed.