In this article:
1. Contract Name - Click here to edit the contract name.
2. Contract ID - This is generated automatically by LawVu and is used to reference the contract within the software.
3. Contract Stage - Illustrates the contract's current stage. Click the next stage to advance the contract along the lifecycle.
4. Expiry Date - The expiry date can be changed at any stage, except the Expired stage.
5. Contract Tabs - Click each tab to navigate to the different areas within the contract.
6. Ellipsis Menu - Click the ellipses (3 dots) to display action buttons such as Export Contact and Renew Contract. The option to Void and Delete Contract will also be displayed, but remember that this requires the right permissions. To learn how to void or delete a contract, click here.
1. General information - Special fields and other default details, e.g., contract type, team assigned, contract creator, and the contract email address, are displayed in this section. You can make changes to the fields by simply clicking and changing the values accordingly.
2. Contract Details - This displays the fundamental fields that have been set up based on the contract type, and you can easily make changes to the contract fields (e.g., contract owner) if necessary.
3. Contract file
File name - The name of the file is displayed at the top of the preview window. Click the contract name to edit it.
Action Buttons - Options to download, replace, share, send the contract for signing, or edit your contract via Word Online.
Current and previous versions - Allows you to view the current and previous versions of the contract file. They have been color-coded to easily identify which version is displayed, teal being the current version and yellow for the previous versions.
1. Approvers tab - Click here to view the contract approval workflow in place.
2. Plus Button - Use this to add an approval phase to a contract stage. Click here to learn more about creating approval phases and workflows.
3. Approval History - Displays the approvals that have taken place.
4. Print button - Exports the approval history for external review.
The Files tab stores all the supporting documents for the contract. The circular number displays the number of files and/or folders therein.
1. Document Folder - Use folders to collate documents. Hovering over the folder will reveal an ellipsis (3 dots) button. Click the ellipsis to display a drop-down menu of further file options:
2. Attach files - Attach files by uploading from your computer, saving them from recent matters/contracts or your Knowledge Base.
3. Folder - Create and name a new folder.
Click here for more information on working with files.
Key dates can be used to record any other important dates for which the contract owner/ member wants a reminder.
The value of utilizing key dates within LawVu is that if the contract owner leaves, the new owner is assigned, and all the contract members will receive those reminders. This ensures the continued operational aspects of your contracts.
Key dates are also visible in the planner of all the contract members.
The Amendments can be used to store any amended versions of the contract so that you can retain the original.
To learn more about contract amendments, click here.
Statements of Work (SOW)
A Statement of Work (sometimes called a Scope of Work) defines project-specific activities for a contractor providing services to the client. An SOW is often an important accompaniment to an MSA or Request for Proposal (RFP).
They are usually created before the project begins and help define its important parts. Depending on the complexity of the project, you may have several SOWs nested within one contract — one SOW for each Legal Service Provider or subcontractor.
You can read more about it here.
The Members Tab provides an overview of the users with access to the contract.
The circular number displays the member count. Here you can view the members' names, organizations, and access levels, and it's where you can remove members.
The +Add Members allows you to include new members, allowing them to stay informed about the contract's progress, contribute with supporting documents, participate in approval processes, and more.
More information about the Members tab can be found here.
Permission levels affect what the user sees and how they interact with contracts. These can be set for each contract using our intuitive Access Controls.
Read more about the Security tab by clicking here.
Everything that happens on contracts is recorded in an activity log for review and is available for download if needed. The activity log includes field updates, file previews, advancements in stage, e-signatures, and more.
Contract Expiry Alert
Expired contract notifications are sent to the Contract Owner and its other members, while 30-day contract expiry reminders are only sent to the Contract Owner and delegates.
Click here to learn more about expired contracts.