In this article :
You will need to have Contract capabilities to add contracts for your clients ( contact Support through the chat bubble or your CSM if you would like it enabled)
First, ensure that you have the 'Create contracts' and 'Preview contracts' permissions for your profile. To check your permissions, go to your profile and click on 'Permissions.'
To have full access to the contracts you are a member of, you'll need 'Full contract access' permission.
Note: If you don't see this permission enabled for your profile, contact your Administrator.
As an Administrator, click on your initials on the top-right of the screen, go to 'My profile' and select 'Client Access.' From here, tick the 'Create Contracts' checkbox against the client(s) you want this permission enabled for.
Administrators can also grant this permission and provide access to other team members by accessing the Directory or User management settings.
How to create contracts
1. Select the client you want to create a contract for. Ensure the client has the permission switched on, as described in the previous section.
2. Open the matter you want to create the contract in and go to the Contracts tab.
Click '+ Add contract'
3. If the client you are attempting to add a contract for has configured a contract wizard, you will be presented with a screen that offers two options to choose from:
Add by Wizard – complete the contact form wizard, which will auto-populate the field content into the template
Add by Upload- upload your contract from your local drive or from LawVu, then complete the contract fields to provide more context
4. If no wizard is set up, you will be directed to the following screen, where you can upload the contract file from your local drive, or if the file is already available in LawVu, you can locate it by browsing through your Matters, or Contracts resources.
5. A dialogue window will open where you'll be prompted to select a 'Contract type'.
4. Once you select the contract type, the screen will update and show all the fields set up for the contract type. All fields marked with a red asterisk must be filled in to activate the "Create contract" button.
Working with contracts
Once you create the contract, you will automatically become the Contract Owner and be able to see the matter it is linked to from the top left side of the screen.
The contract will automatically inherit all the members that were initial members of the matter. Adding other users to the contract is restricted to the users of the client's organization. You cannot add members from your own organization to the contract.
For a tab-by-tab tour around the contract interface, please check this article.
To further work with your contract, please check these articles :